Friday, November 16, 2012

November 15th, 2012 was going to be, according to the forecast, the only clear day the greater Seattle area would see all week, or the following week. Having greatly desired to visit the Mukilteo Lighthouse Park, after moving to an apartment in Everett, only 5 miles away, I deduced that this might be my only chance to do so, for some time.  Unfortunately, this was a work day, and having an urgent errand to run, after work, would place my arrival there, well after sunset.  I went anyway, to see what beauty might be seen. 

There's a large parking area down by the water, and a beach walk, with a string of fire pits. I parked, walked toward the beach, and stood there for a few moments, in the chill of the night air, watching the last bit of twilight, listening to the small waves lap the shoreline. It was therapeutic, to say the least.


No comments: