Sunday, July 22, 2012

The end of the road...home.

I lost a post, which should've posted early morning, 7/19, covering most of 7/18, which entailed the long trek across Montana.  I arrived in Sheridan, WY, Tuesday night, and had my last hotel stay there. I took off from Sheridan, Wednesday morning, and nearly crossed the entire I-90 corridor, stopping at a rest area, less than 25 miles behind the Idaho border, late that evening. I slept in the cab for a few hours, before rolling on into Idaho, around 3:30am. I would've preferred to do that during the day, because it's actually a mountain pass. However, as it was pitch dark, I pulled off the highway and got to see the Milky Way, which I seldom get to do.
I passed Coeur d'Alene, then stopped at one more rest area, in order to catch just a few more Zzz's. Once it was daybreak, I awoke and made the last road coffee for the trip.

The trip is now over,which is both good and sad. Good, because I completed the mission, and am reunited with my family. Sad, also, because I always gain some value from my experiences out on the open road, and those opportunities have grown fewer in later years. I will not forget this trip, nor the purpose for which it was taken.

We are now in Washington, and no longer in Missouri. We have begun the next life chapter.






No comments: